European High Level Trekking at its best
High level trekking in the Alps, travelling from hut to hut, enables complete immersion in the mountains. On each day you can enjoy the high trails or reach a summit without the need to return to the valleys for food and shelter. Well-appointed and well stocked huts mean that all you need to carry with you are a few clothes and your toothbrush.
On any high level trek through the Alps you are guaranteed sensational views of Europe’s highest mountains, rising above flower-strewn meadows and impressive glaciers and some of the best walking anywhere in the world, all without the traffic and trappings of the busy world below. Our friends at KE Adventure Travel offer a range of Alpine trekking holidays to suit every kind of walker, from first-time visitors to the Alps, to more experienced mountain trekkers.
A simply unbeatable walking holiday, adventure trekking high in the Swiss-Italian Alps with easy climbing to Alpine summits.
- Trek from Italy to Switzerland across the Lisjoch pass
- Climb several 4000 metre Alpine summits
- Alpine Mountaineering skills tuition
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
Price from: £1,195 Duration: 8 days
Link: Italian High Level trekking holiday in the Alps
Taking a dramatic and uncompromising line, the Classic Haute Route traverses the heart of the European Alps, linking Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn by a series of high cols and impressive glaciers.
- Trek from Chamonix to Zermatt, the complete Haute Route traverse
- Climb the Pigne d`Arola and the Tete Blanche
- Overnight in atmospheric high mountain huts
- Learn the ropes with experienced IFMGA guides
Price from: £1,995 Duration: 14 days
Link: Trek the Classic Haute Route holiday
In only 6 days this route takes a dramatic and uncompromising line through the heart of the European Alps from Chamonix at the foot of Mont Blanc to Zermatt below the Matterhorn.
- From Chamonix in France to Zermatt in Switzerland.
- The classic mountain walk from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn.
- Optional ascent of the Breithorn (4165m).
- Atmospheric high Alpine mountain huts
Price from: £1,345 Duration: 8 days
Link: Trek the Haute Route – Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn
Less frequented than its southern regional neighbour - the Valais Alps, the Haute Route west offers outstanding views of the French and Swiss Alps extending from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn
- Ascents of six 3000 metre peaks including the Wildhorn
- Views of the Eiger, Matterhorn and Mont Blanc
- Perfect as a first mountaineering adventure
- Combine with `Bernese Oberland - East` for the complete traverse
Price from: £1,195 Duration: 8 days
Link: Trek Bernese Oberland Haute Route West holiday
The Swiss High Level Route traverses the heart of the Valais Alps, taking a classic line from Arolla to Saas Fee with tremendous views of the Matterhorn and the opportunity to ascend the Pigne d'Arolla and the Tete Blanche.
- Stunning views of the Matterhorn
- Overnight at the amazing Cabane de Bertol
- Two easy Swiss summits, the Tete Blanche and the Pigne d`Arolla
- The famous resort of Zermatt
Price from: £1,295 Duration: 8 days
Link: Trek High Level Routes in Switzerland
Situated at the junction of France, Italy and Switzerland, the glaciated massif of Mont Blanc is circled by one of the world's greatest and most popular long distance walks - the Tour du Mont Blanc.
- Circular trek through France, Switzerland and Italy
- Saxes Ridge and the dramatically situated Cabane d`Orny
- All the Mont Blanc high pass crossings and best vantage points
- The Connoisseurs Choice for the Tour du Mont Blanc
Price from: £1,295 Duration: 12 days
Link: Tour du Mont Blanc Trekking holiday
Straddling northern Italy and Slovenia, the limestone massif of the Julian Alps offers some of the more impressive mountain scenery in Europe.
- Climb to the summit of Slovenia`s highest mountain - Triglav 2864m.
- Perfect introduction to easy Via Ferrata and alpine scrambling
- Post-trek chill-out time based in picturesque Lake Bled
- Off the beaten track ridge walking above breath taking Lake Bohinj
Price from: £695 Duration: 8 days
Link: Mount Triglav Trekking holiday - Slovenia
Sandwiched between Briancon and the Italian border, the remote Alpine region of Queyras offers exceptional trekking with a distinctly 'off-the-beaten-track' feel. This is a high-level Alpine trek for lovers of wild places
- Views of dominating spire of Monte Viso from Pain du Sucre
- The wooden chalets of Fonts de Cervieres
- A tough 6-day trekking holiday in a hidden corner of France
- Fully supported with luggage transferred to gites each evening
Price from: £845 Duration: 8 days
>> Trekking holiday in the Queyras
*Based on prices as of 11 July 2016, on a 'land only' basis.