On sale 9th August to 5th September
Wales... the wild way
- Crib Goch step by step
- Brecon Beacons by night
- Snowdonia Slate Trail: your next big walk!
- Torridon’s best day ever!
- 40-50L rucksacks on test
- Coolest soft shells for your cash
- 6 hands-on scrambling routes from easy to mind-blowing all with os maps!
- All of this and more can be found in the new September issue of Trail magazine - on sale Thursday 9th August.
Snowdonia Slate Trail
Middle Earth, Mordor, The Shire. Dorothea, Ffestiniog, Rhosydd. Welcome to your next big walk. It’s a trip like nothing else...
How Hard is... Crib Goch
Ragged, razor-sharp and – if reputation is to be believed – risky, the ridge of Crib Goch is a polarising place.
Back to life
Trail takes a digital detox in the Brecon Beacons and discovers there’s no better way to spend a summer night than a back to (almost) basics wild camp....
It’s one of Lakeland’s signature hills – yet deftly escapes the masses. Trail takes on a mountain underdog with charisma to spare…
The big test: 40-50l backpacking rucksacks
To explore the mountains day after day on one continuous journey requires a rucksack that allows the backpacker to be self-reliant. Trail headed to the Lake District to test 40-50 litre models built for just that...