On sale 25th January to 21st February
New year, big dreams, more mountains!
- 31 must-have experiences for your ultimate 2018
- Scafell - England's highest scramble... in winter.
- Camping in winter - Totally bonkers or seriously worth it?
- John Muir Trust - Getting to the heart of the trust on Helvellyn.
- Gear on test - hi-spec rucksacks and cosy fleeces.
- Winter routes - 12 ready to go hill walks
All of this and more can be found in the new March issue of Trail magazine - on sale Thursday 25th January.
The other side of summer
An easy scramble becomes a tantalising expedition in winter. This is Lord's Rake under ice.
Dream it? Do it!
Whether you're a newcomer looking for a fasttrack to a hill walking life list worthy of teh best or simply want a cool 'List of Things to Do in 2018', here's a ready-made hillwalking CV just waiting for your boots!
Winter wild camping... how hard can it be?
For the uninitiated, the idea of lugging a tent up a snow-covered mountain in search of somewhere to sleep raises a lot of questions. We'll do our best to answer them here...
The most northerly point of Scotland is not John o'Groats. Trail goes to the very top of Britain and asks, "When it comes to cardinal extremes, where's the point...?"