On sale 30th November to 27th December
Big walks - the easy way
- Get the best of the Pennine Way in a long weekend - plus three more epic journeys made super-achievable.
- Cairngorms for short days - a bothy night, a clutch of summits, and back for tea.
- Your body vs the hills - What goes into getting you high on Wasdale's steepest climb.
- What makes good kit? Out with an expert to break down what your money buys.
- Winter gear special! Headtorches, winter boots and axes face Trail's test.
All of this and more can be found in the new January issue of Trail magazine - on sale Thursday 30th November.
Pennine Way Perfection
Short on time? Just do the best bits of the UK's oldest long-distance path with Trail's take on an ultimate weekend on the 'Way.
A Man vs mountain
What happens to your body when you trek up a mountain? Sporting an array of gizmos and gadgets, human guinea pig Jack Hart sets off to the Lake District to find out.
Land of little wonders
There are rock-star hills we all know. There are cult classics that are appreciated but less visited. Then there are the rest: the never'eardof'ems. But just because they're low on fame doesn't make them short on charm...
What Makes Good Kit?
Good gear keeps you alive, but how is it made and how can you make the best of it? Trail finds out...