On sale 28th December to 24th January
Stunning days out to spice up the coldest month
- The Peak District - think this place lacks summits? Think again...
- Mountain Photo of the Year revealed
- The Massacre Cave - Trail unearths history on the the tiny Scottish island of Eigg.
- Aurora-hunting in the UK.
- Master ice axe and crampon skills
- Andy Kirkpatrick's Psycho Vertical film reviewed.
All of this and more can be found in the new February issue of Trail magazine - on sale Thursday 28th December.
Full-on hill walking without venturing into a high, white wilderness? Here's how to pack six of the Peak's sharpest summits into one epic weekend.
The bones of Massacre Cave
In October 2016, Trail discovered human remains on the Isle of Eigg. Now, after a year of archaeological investigation, they've been revealed to be those of a 500-year-old teenager. It's the island's darkest chapter.
The hills saved my life
Making a living from a passion is a dream for most of us, bur for photographer Nick Livesey, the highest places of Wales became his saviour as well as his way of life.
What do you get if you combine England's highest mountain with fresh snow and a full moon? A classic in the making.