Today Mountain Training is releasing a new film to share their ethos through the words of some of the people who hold their qualifications. Entitled ‘Our Ethos,’ the film explains the belief system that underpins everything Mountain Training does, beyond a love for walking and climbing.
Our Ethos is told through the words of the following people:
- Zoe Kellett – Lowland Leader and Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Coordinator at All Saints Catholic College
- Jim Langley – Rock Climbing Instructor and owner of Nature’s Work
- Adnan Zaman – Mountain Leader and youth worker at Lindley Educational Trust
- Rehna Yaseen – trainee Mountain Leader and youth worker at Lindley Educational Trust
- Rachel Carr – Development Coach at The Climbing Works, Sheffield (formerly of Edinburgh International Climbing Area)
- Dave Evans – Mountaineering Instructor Certificate holder and full time instructor at Plas y Brenin National Mountain Centre
Mountain Training’s Ethos
Mountain Training believes in:
- The safe enjoyment of walking, climbing and mountaineering. We disseminate guidance on good practice and provide training and qualifications for participants, instructors, leaders and coaches.
- High quality training and assessment delivered by experienced and supportive practitioners.
- Developing independent walkers, climbers and mountaineers who practise and encourage,sustainable and sympathetic use of the outdoors by all users.
- Supporting equal access to our sport for people from all backgrounds. We also believe that all people have the potential to develop leadership and coaching skills if trained appropriately.
- Good leadership is about more than decision making and technical skill; it is about supporting and developing individuals.
- Inspiring people to enjoy walking, climbing and mountaineering with confidence and skill.
About Mountain Training
Mountain Training is a collection of national awarding organisations that administer a series of qualifications and personal skills training in walking, climbing and mountaineering. To find out more about the qualifications and training visit their website: www.mountain-training.org.