In no particular order, then...
1. Striding away from that mechanical money-pit of the material age, the car.
2. Hobbling towards that miracle of warmth, comfort and convenience, the car.
3. Laughing inwardly at the poor fools who listened to the forecast and decided to stay in.
4. Swearing inwardly at weather that fails to obey the forecast as if contractually obliged.
5. Dry socks in the car.
6. RDS radio tuning.
7. Water beading up on fabric.
8. Forton services, Colossus of Roads, gateway to the Lakes.
9. Re-consuming every calorie you've just burned.
10. Gallows humour about the weather.
11. The answer "We're serving all day" to the question "Are we too late for food?"
12. Having but never using an Emergency Warm Layer.
13. 'Croeso y Cymru'.
14. Empty seats near open fires.
15. Drying rooms.
16. Reading all the labels on a new waterproof jacket.
17. Blindly feeling a Snickers bar in the depths of a rucksack.
18. 'PH' on a map.
19. The village of Fryup, Yorks.
20. Spotting a footprint in the mud after hours on a trackless moor.
21. Any map. All maps.
22. A stile ahead when you feared you'd gone wrong.
23. Narrowly avoiding a dog poo.
24. Achieving a clothed state of 'full deniability' after relieving yourself.
25. Stepping stones.
26. No phone signal - peace at last.
27. "They have free wifi here!"
28. Socks on a warm radiator.
30. Bumsliding in waterproofs.
31. When the water just runs off new boots after crossing a stream.
32. Taking boots off.
34. No cows.