Every month Country Walking publishes 27 brilliant new tried-and-tested walks all across the country, printed on handy cut-out-and-keep cards.
A subscription to Country Walking magazine gives you 12 months FREE
access to OS Maps Premium, which includes:
- Unlimited access to OS Maps and all of the UK's mapping at 1:50,000 scale and 1:25,000 scale
- Access to mapping for the whole of the UK on your smartphone or iOS/Android tablet at no extra cost
- Printable maps at 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 scale up to A3 size
- Downloadable maps for offline use using the OS Maps navigation app
- Access to 1000 Trail and Country Walking routes via OS Maps, and every route, every month
- Detailed aerial photography for the whole of the UK
- Powerful route planning tools... and the latest mapping data direct from the mapmakers themselves
You can also use the map below to find every Country Walking route published on OS Maps. To browse for routes, simply zoom and pan the map. You access a route by clicking on an icon for details, then click the OS Maps link. This takes you to the OS Maps website, where you can print the route or download a GPX file for your GPS.
Our routes are graded Easy, Moderate and Challenging, depending on distance, terrain, elevation and ease of navigation. Easy and moderate walks are usually less than 8 miles with relatively gentle gradients and good paths. Challenging walks are usually longer, with greater ascent and can also involve more demanding terrain or difficult navigation.