Friday 20th to Sunday 22nd October 2017
Mark those dates and join us at Blencathra Field Studies Centre, on the slopes of Blencathra itself, for Trail’s Mountain Weekend of walks, talks and activities!
The weekend will include:
- Walk and chat with record-breaking mountaineer Alan Hinkes OBE.
- See Alan Hinkes: the first Briton to climb the world’s highest mountains at a small exclusive screening with director Terry Abraham, then join in a discussion with Alan Hinkes himself.
- Learn to navigate or up your skills with world experts from the Ultimate Navigation School, founded by Lyle Brotherton.
- Talk mountain skills with Rob Johnson MIC.
- Get to know the geology and nature of the mountain with expertise from the Field Studies Centre.
- Grab a bargain at our GIANT Gear Sale with all proceeds to charity.
- Get your boots properly fitted with specialist help from George Fisher.
- Real ale
- Mountain special pub quiz
- Popdown tent challenge
- Find a marmot
- Hang out with Team Trail
- and much, much more!
- The entire weekend, including accommodation, full board and all activities is £150. You’ll also get use of the centre’s facilities, and walking boots and waterproof jackets can be provided if needed.
- Camping accommodation is available for £75, also including activities, food and use of the centre’s facilities.
Call Blencathra Field Studies Centre on 01768 779601 or book online at tinyurl.com/trailweekend