There’s nothing like waking up in your own private campsite and unzipping your tent to mind blowing views of empty deserts, live volcanoes and glorious beaches. Wild camping gives you access to remote places and our friends at KE Adventure have a sent us 6 of their favourite holidays that camp in unique spots where you can wake up with a view to remember.
1. Camp Bedouin style on the `Inca Trail` of the Middle East in Jordan
Trek from Dana Reserve, southwards to the ancient Rose Red City of Petra and camp Bedouin style, next to the camp fire, below the stars amongst the dunes along The Jordan Trail.
- Walk amongst sculpted sandstone following the most famous section of the Jordan Trail
- Explore the wonders of the 'Rose-Red City' of Petra
- One-week linear walking holiday through gorges and over high ridges
- Camp Bedouin style under the desert stars & full baggage support
How? Join KE Adventure Travel’s Dana to Petra Trek in Jordan
2. Wild camp on beach just footsteps away from warm Arabian Sea in Oman
After a week’s hiking through the remote mountains and wadis in Oman, line your tent up along the white shores of the Arabian sea and look out over the Gulf of Oman.
- Rugged and remote walks across Jebel Shams and Jebel Akhdar
- Trek Oman`s superb Balcony Walk of Wadi Nakhr
- Experience the ancient capital of Nizwa and its colourful souks
- Coastal camping with Arabain Sea views besides the Gulf of Oman
How? Join KE Adventure Travel’s Oman Adventure Trekking holiday
3. The most remarkable place you will ever spend the night in Guatemala
Pitch your tent with a spectacular view of the mighty active volcano Fuego. From your sleeping bag watch Fuego blowing rocks and dense black clouds into the stratosphere.
- Hike to the summits of 7 Guatemalan volcanoes
- Trekking up Tajumulco, Central America`s highest peak
- Chill out and relax in Antigua and Lake Atitlan
- A trekking holiday in Guatemala that explodes with local colour
How? Join KE Adventure Travels Guatemala’s magnificent seven volcano trekking holiday
4. Sleep on the shores of Lake Ifni in the Atlas Mountains
From arriving into the buzz of Marrakech, join your guide and group and trek into the Atlas Mountains to wildcamp beside Lake Infnie at 2000m.
- Summit the highest peak in Morocco and North Africa - Mount Toubkal
- Explore the land of the Berbers and trek with our excellent leaders
- Camp beside Lac d`Ifni in the spectacular High Atlas Mountains
- Experience magical Marrakech on a walking tour and all meals included
How? Join KE Adventure Travel’s One Week Mt Toubkal Trek Morocco
5. Camp on ancient Inca Terraces in Peru
Whist trekking to Machu Pichhu along a hidden Inca Trail route, spend a night wild camping on ancient Inca terraces at Pincha Unuyoc meaning “Water Shrine”.
- Trek between the premier Inca sites of Peru
- Visit the lost Inca fortress of Choquequirao
- Hike through the dramatic Apurimac Canyon
- Including Machu Picchu, this is the ultimate Peru holiday
How? Join KE Adventure Travel’s Choquequirao to Machu Picchu 13 day trek in Peru
6. Camp on a crater rim on the island of Lombok, Indonesia
During this island hopping journey through Indonesia’s surreal volcanic landscape, enjoy incredible sunsets from your wild camp on the crater rim of live volcano Rinjani.
- Climb 5 major volcanoes on Java, Bali and Lombok
- 3-day traverse of Rinjani, Indonesia's 2nd highest volcano
- Experience the cultural melting pot of Hinduism, Buddhism and Islam
- Relax on the palm-fringed, white sand beaches of Bali
How? Join KE Adventure Travel’s Land of Living Mountains trek in Indonesia