The ultimate indulgence for any Brit is to jet off into the sunshine when the long nights draw in. Take a selfie on a summit with the backdrop of a bright blue sky, or walk along the coast discovering impressive volcanic geology in the Canaries. Our friends at KE Adventure Travel have made all that possible with their selection of 8 Sunshine Treks to Escapes this winter. Best of all, these holidays are just 4 hours from the UK!
- Camp and star gaze amongst the magnificent dunes at Zahar
- A unique camel supported Saharan trekking experience
- Walk through wild wadis and hike over spectacular desert sands
- Explore exotic Marrakech and the colourful Djemaa-el-Fna
Why? See two sides of Morocco exploring Marrakech and trekking through the Sahara Desert
Departures Oct 2016 – May 2017. Price from £495*
- Overnight on Mount Teide to watch sunset and sunrise
- Spectacular walking in the beautiful and undiscovered area of Anaga
- Amazing coastal hiking, the fantastic Masca Gorge and boat trips
- Stay in the UNESCO town of La Laguna and the capital of Santa Cruz
Why? Summit the highest peak Spain and Canary Islands and stay on the quite side of Tenerife
Departures Oct 2016 – Apr 2017. Price from £745*
- Idyllic island walking holiday on Madeira's glorious mountain trails
- Includes walks up Pico Ruivo and Pico do Arieiro, Madeira's two highest points
- Explore Madeira`s west, east and centre on a series of day hikes
- Guided walking on every day and all meals included
Why? With its rugged coastal scenery, impressive volcanic geology and lush levada trails, the Atlantic island of Madeira is a walker's paradise and a haven for keen botanists.
Departures Sep 2016 – Jun 2017. Price from £745*
- A superb Mediterranean guided walking holiday on the greek island of Crete
- Trek to Pachnes the highest peak in the White Mountains
- Discover hidden beaches on the coastal walk from Agia Roumeli
- Traditional accommodation and excellent Cretan food
Why? Perfectly timed to avoid the crowds, we set off late morning to walk through the spectacular Samaria Gorge to the isolated seaside settlement of Agia Roumeli.
Departures Sep - Oct 2016. Price from £745*
- Discover the walker’s paradise, away from the busy beaches in Spain's Costa Blanca
- Trek along well-maintained trails through dramatic limestone mountains
- Walk and relax from our 3 hotel bases with minimum transfer time
- Enjoy the Mediterranean ambience of the Spanish Alicante countryside
Why? Enjoy walking in a region of Spain that enjoys more than 300 days of sun!
Departures throughout Oct 2016 – Jun 2017. Price from £795*
- Walk with sensational views every day of La Gomera's mountains and coast
- Verdant laurel forest, mountain ridges and quiet beaches
- Ideal walking temperatures all year round in the Canary Islands
- Sleep in comfortable accommodation with all meals included in the holiday price
Why? La Gomera is home of ‘El Silbo', one of the world's few remaining whistling languages, originally developed for communication between neighbours separated by the deep barranco!
Departures Sep, Oct 2016 and Jan – Apr 2017. Price from £895*
- Experience rural Sardinia and enjoy spectacular coastal walking
- Hike up Corrasi and Tiscali in the wild Supramonte Mountains
- Centre-based near bays and beaches on the Mediterranean Coast
- Explore ancient cave villages and fantastic archaeological sites
Why? New for 2016, walk on spectacular coastal trails in search of hidden cave villages, limestone peaks and spectacular gorges! Described as "one of Europe’s last great island adventures" now is the perfect time to experience the secret side of Sardinia.
Departs 15 Oct 2016. Price from £845*
- Sleep in three totally different areas of the island - coast, mountains and capital
- Trek to the island`s high point at Pico de las Nieves
- Enjoy the harbour town of Puerto de Mogan & historic Las Palmas
- Walks everyday, private transfers and all but one dinner included!
Why? From the top of the highest mountain, Pico de Las Nieves, to the delights of the coast, and from pretty mountain villages to vibrant, historic Las Palmas; this fantastic walking week in Gran Canaria is crammed full of glorious contrasts
Departs 5 Nov 2016 and Jan – May 2017. Price from £945*
* All prices quote are on a Land Only basis and relevant on date of publication